- split end
- noun(football) an offensive end who lines up at a distance from the other linemen (Freq. 1)• Hypernyms: ↑end
* * *noun: an offensive end in football who lines up usually several yards to the side of the formation
* * *Football.an offensive end who lines up some distance outside the formation on the line of scrimmage as a pass receiver. Also called flanker, spread end.[1950-55, Amer.]
* * *split end noun1. The end of a hair that has split2. An offensive end player who lines up some distance from the formation (American football)• • •Main Entry: ↑split
* * *split end,Football. an end separate few yards from the line of scrimmage to enable him to get quickly downfield to catch passes.
* * *n.1) usu. split ends a tip of a person's hair that has split from dryness or ill-treatment2) Football an offensive end positioned on the line of scrimmage but several yards away from the other linemen
* * *ˌsplit ˈend [split end] nouna hair on your head that has divided into parts at the end because it is dry or in poor condition
shampoo for split ends
Useful english dictionary. 2012.